February 9, 2016
When searching for a dentist or dental practice, it may be difficult to determine what separates a good dentist from a great one, but those practitioners who are certified by the American Dental Association are guaranteed to be a step above the rest. In Fremont, Dr. James Block is an ADA certified general dentist who offers advanced dentistry services for patients of all ages in a welcoming, comfortable office. Part of his dedication to ensuring patients receive only the best dental care is maintaining membership in the American Dental Association.
5 Promises of ADA Dentists
Before dentists become members of the ADA, they take an oath to uphold certain standards of ethical and professional conduct. Importantly, dentists are asked to make 5 promises to their future patients:
- Patient Autonomy – The dentist promises to respect patients’ wants and needs. That means working as a partner in developing treatment plans appropriate to their personal oral health goals.
- Nonmaleficence – Just like physicians, dentists take an oath to do no harm. Dental professionals are dedicated to keeping patients healthy rather than repairing damage after it occurs. That’s why we recommend twice a year preventive dental checkups and teeth cleanings.
- Beneficence – In addition to promising to do no harm, dentists go a step further and promise to do good. We’re dedicated to helping patients improve their oral health and beauty with patient education, regular dental checkups, and restorative and cosmetic services.
- Justice – We believe every person deserves access to the same oral health care, and we promise not to discriminate against anyone who seeks our care. Many patients visit us after years of missed appointments, and they express embarrassment at the state of their health. We want every patient to know that we are not here to judge you. Rather, we’ll do our utmost to help you restore full health to your smile.
- Veracity – We want patients to be comfortable and confident in our care. We offer honest feedback, and take time to explain a variety of treatment options. We don’t “sell” services or withhold information. We’re here to help each person get the right dental care for their individual budget and lifestyle.
Find out More at James Block Dentistry
If you’re in need of state-of-the-art, comfortable preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry services in Fremont contact James Block Dentistry today.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.