Completing Fremont Smiles with Dentures
Restorative dentistry is truly at its best when used to help patients who have lost most or all of their natural teeth. Whether tooth loss occurs due to periodontal disease, tooth decay, or sudden injury, Dr. James Block offers dentures as a reliable, affordable tooth replacement solution that benefits both your appearance and health. Without support from a denture, facial muscles begin to sag which makes patients look older than they really are. Once we’ve placed your new denture, you’ll be able to smile, eat, and speak with confidence again.
Full and Partial Traditional Dentures
A conventional full or partial denture is made and placed in the patient's mouth after remaining teeth are prepared or removed and the soft-tissue heals which can take several months. Our Fremont dental practice also offers immediate dentures that are inserted as soon as the remaining teeth are removed. Our team can discuss both of these options with you in more detail during your initial appointment, and help you decide on the choice that best fits your situation. Dr. Block will also be happy to walk you through good oral healthcare techniques when it comes to caring for your smile and gums after receiving a denture.
Neuromuscular dentures are an innovative smile restoration option that combines the cost effective, dependable results of traditional dentures with new technology to more fully support your facial structure and oral health. These dentures are unique because they are crafted to fit a face in motion rather than made from impressions of a resting bite. Some benefits of neuromuscular dentures:
- Bone Density – One of the most significant oral health concerns associated with tooth loss is resorption. This is the body’s natural process for reabsorbing the nutrients from bone that is not being used. After tooth loss, the jawbone is at risk for resorption. Traditional dentures do not protect against this process, but neuromuscular dentures significantly decrease the rate of resorption.
- Decreased Discomfort – Some patients experience gum sensitivity or pain while wearing dentures. Soft tissue was not intended to absorb the full force of chewing, and traditional dentures place a great deal of pressure on the gums. NM dentures distribute the pressure more evenly and reduce denture pain.
- Dentures for Smiling – Unlike traditional dentures made to fit a resting bite, neuromuscular dentures are crafted to fit your smile in motion. Dental impressions are made of your teeth smiling, chewing, biting, laughing, and otherwise moving in order to provide more accurate denture shape and function.
- Look 10 Years Younger – Neuromuscular dentures actually lift facial features instead of providing a sunken in look. Cosmetic results are considered in the crafting of dentures that fully support your facial features without being overly large for the mouth. Thiss support gives the face a more youthful appearance.
For increased stability, Dr. Block and his Fremont dentistry team offer implant-retained tooth replacement. Dental implants function as the natural tooth root, and can support any number of replacement teeth. For patients in need of full or partial dentures or who want to increase the stability of their current denture, dental implants can be a great option.
Find Out More About Dentures
- Partial Dentures
- Full Dentures
- Neuromuscular Dentures
- Implant-Retained Dentures
Schedule A Consultation Today
Contact our Fremont dental office today to schedule your first appointment! We look forward to treating you to the patient-centered, compassionate care you deserve.