Gum Disease Treatment for Fremont Families
Did you know that 80% of the population is currently suffering from some level of gum disease? Also known as periodontal disease, this condition can lead to devastating consequences for your smile's health if left untreated for too long. Thankfully, Dr. James Block offers non-surgical periodontal treatment options here at his Fremont dental office that can help patients regain their oral health.
What is Gum Disease?
Gum disease is an infection of the gums and bone that support your teeth, starting with the hardening of plaque into tartar below the gum line, which irritates your soft tissues. When this process is combined with decaying food particles between teeth and the dangerous bacteria that is emitted from plaque, infection can spread quickly and quietly. In fact, the initial symptoms of gum disease are so mild that many patients don’t even notice them or think that they’re cause for concern. However, over time, vital gum tissues and bone begin to be destroyed, which can lead to tooth loss.
Depending on the severity of your symptoms, we may recommend the following dentistry options for gum disease treatment:
- Scaling – this process removes hardened plaque from below the gum line.
- Root Planing – it reduces rough areas on teeth roots.
- Antibiotic Therapy – this route is helpful when it comes to fighting infection.
- Surgery – in cases of severe advancement, we will recommend you to a trusted specialist.
- Soft Tissue Laser Treatment – our advanced diode laser can remove and reduce periodontal infection while also promoting reattachment of gum tissues to teeth. This process is precise, conservative, and so comfortable that many patients don’t even need anesthesia.
Schedule Your First Appointment
Contact our Fremont preventive dentistry today to schedule your first appointment. Dr. Block and his team will be sure to treat gum disease as comprehensively as possible, while additionally scheduling more frequent hygiene visits so that we can monitor your condition and make sure you’re recovery is on track. We promote a friendly, patient-centered approach that we’re sure all patients will appreciate.